Saturday, December 17, 2005

Respect

re·spect·ed, re·spect·ing, re·spects
1. To feel or show deferential regard for; esteem.
2. To avoid violation of or interference with: respect the speed limit.
3. To relate or refer to; concern.
You know, Many people don't like Bush and everyone has his or her own reason. I didn't like many of the things Clinton did, in fact I'm not sure I liked any of the things he did, but I did show respect for him. I may not have agreed with him or even liked him as a person, but I honored his position. I never said hateful, gross, slanderous things about that man. Why? Because we are to respect those in leadership. To many people in my generation don't have a clue what respect is. Most of my peers don't respect there parents, teachers, or even officers. You can't hardly look at blogs without seeing 'bush is gay' and "I hate bush" .

All I hear from people is what they dislike about our government. Whats sad is 'we the people' are the government, its freedom. What we want is someone else to do it for us just the way we want it, when we aren't even willing to do it ourself. If there is something you dislike then do something about it. One thing everyone can do , and should, is vote. I believe if you do not vote then you give up your right to say what you want changed. I bet out of everyone who talks about what they hate in our government, 90% have not done one thing about it. Petition, write a letter, call a political leader, do something! All, most of us do is complain, and most don't even do that respectfully!

I saw a shirt the other day that said "parents for sale CHEAP!" now that boy may not had meant anything by it. The sad thing is that kind of disrespect is tolerated, more so its the norm! I understand if you disagree, and may not even repect the man , Bush, just disagree with honor for his position.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home